Valentine’s Day is Sunday, and it’s ok to treat yourself to a little something sweet. After all, moderation is key in a well balanced diet! Try treating yourself to something you can feel good about putting into your body with this simple decadent chocolate recipe. Made with dark chocolate, nuts, and fruit, it’s a treat that provides antioxidants and satisfies the sweet tooth, without any of the guilt.
- 1 bar, 7 ounces, of dark chocolate ( I like Ghiradelli 70% Cacao for a high antioxidant content)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- Zest of 1 orange
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put it in a double boiler until it is melted. Or use a glass bowl and place in the microwave for 30-60 seconds on high, stirring occasionally. *Watch carefully, you don’t want the chocolate to burn.
- Stir the chocolate until smooth.
- Using a 1 T measuring spoon, drop the chocolate onto the parchment paper.
- Place a few pomegranate seeds, 1 walnut halve, and a sprinkle of orange zest on top of each drop. *You have to work quickly.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes to allow to set.
- Enjoy with a loved one.
Serving Size: 1 chocolate