There’s nothing better than a recipe you can make once and use multiple ways. This simple and fresh pineapple mango salsa is one of the most versatile recipes to have on hand, whether you’re craving a light and refreshing snack, need a nutritious topping for taco night, or looking for the perfect dish to bring to a backyard barbeque.
This pineapple mango salsa is filled with nutritious foods, so let’s take a closer look at some of the star ingredients!
- Pineapple – high in vitamin C (hello, healthy immune system), potassium (can help lower blood pressure) and bromelain (an enzyme with anti-inflammatory benefits), pineapple steals the show of this dish.
- Mango – Also high in vitamin C, mangoes contribute towards healthy, glowing skin through the production of collagen, and is also high in vitamin A which contributes towards hydrated skin and hair.
- Cilantro – A great herb for detoxing, cilantro helps rid the body of heavy metals and toxic buildup, and is full of antioxidants.
Not only is this pineapple mango salsa high on the nutrient scale, it also utilizes in-season, summer produce, meaning the pineapple and mango will be bursting with flavor (and be more affordable at the store).
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. That’s it! Super simple, right?
To make this into a guacamole, add 2 large avocados (mashed) to the mix.
This pineapple mango salsa would be delicious served with these lentil walnut tacos, on top of grilled chicken or as a side to your favorite barbeque dinner!