Whether you are looking for a something quick to supercharge your day, or something to refuel your body after a workout, this simple recipe for a Nutty Cherry Smoothie is jammed packed with nutrition! The cherries are loaded with antioxidants vital to fighting aging, repairing muscles, and keeping inflammation low in the body. They also contain high levels of potassium to keep blood pressure in check, and melatonin to aid in the sleep cycle. The almond milk and almond butter contains heart healthy fats and Vitamin E which can help to lower cholesterol levels. Spinach helps with oxidation of the blood, aka: it helps increase blood flow in the body. Flax and chia seeds are excellent plant protein sources, as well as heart healthy fats.
With 17 grams of protein, and 7 grams of fiber this smoothie is sure to be on your top 10 list of good foods!
Nutty Cherry Smoothie
Makes 1, 16 oz. serving
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or soy milk)
- ¾ cup frozen, pitted cherries (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp. almond butter (or ¼ cup whole almonds)
- ½ scoop vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1-2 Tbsp. flax seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- Ice for thicker consistency
1) Add almond milk to blender
2) Add frozen cherries, almond butter, and whey protein
3) Add any additional ingredients, if desired
4) Mix in blender for up to one minute, until smooth