Wherever you live, the weather is warmer and the sun is shining brighter, while the water, beach, cookouts, family and friends are calling your name. I get it…I don’t want to be spending an hour inside the gym when it’s so much more fun to play outside.
Here’s a great workout Josh Pribble, personal trainer at MVP Athletic Club, Rockford, created that you can do at home, on the road, outside or in the gym. The workout should only take 30 minutes depending on how many times you repeat each set.
Get your workout done and then go have some fun in the sun!
JOSH’S VERSATILE WORKOUT
Warm-up – Repeat 2x
- 10 Jumping Jacks
- 10 Seal Jacks
- 10 Push Ups
- 10 Hip Openers
Workout – Repeat 2-3x
- 10 Goblet Squats (you could just do this with body weight)
- 10 Push-Ups
- 10 Pull-Ups/Lat Pull Downs
- 10 Single Arm Dumbbell Row (10 each side)
- 10 Medicine Ball Reverse Lunge (10 each side)
- 10 Knee Grabs
TIPS FROM JOSH
- Get Up and Get it Done – Getting up and going in the morning can be one of the hardest things to do until the first bit of caffeine kicks in.
- Have a plan – Go into the gym with a plan of action whether it’s taking a class, meeting with your trainer, or a workout on your own. Planning your workout will help maximize your time and less time will be spent wandering trying to decide which exercise to do next.
- Participate in a Class – A group fitness class is a great way to get in a quick workout. MVP’s wide variety of classes offers many opportunities to try new classes and get a well-balanced workout. A couple favorites of mine are R30, TFW Hurricane and Zone Training. All of these classes provide a variety of intensities and produce a significant amount of calorie burn.
- Do something fun – Find something you enjoy doing for exercise whether it’s running, basketball, hiking, or playing with your kids!